- Tom Glavine, for career win #300;
- Barry Bonds, for homeruns 756 and 757 and becoming the new homerun king;
- Alex Rodriguez, for hitting career homerun #500;
- Hideki Matsui, for hitting career homerun #100, and becoming the first Japanese player to do so in the MLB; and,
- Joba Chamberlain, for becoming the first Native American to play in the MLB (as far as I remember hearing this week).
"Rock On"s also go to the Jays for scoring 15 runs without a homerun, and tieing a franchise record with 9 doubles in 1 game.
As for what happened between the Jays and Yanks this week, personally I think it's over. Yeah, Clemens hit Rios, but he got tossed along with Torre. I know it's not forgotten, but I think it's over.
I really enjoyed the interview "The Best Damn Sports Show" showed with Barry Bonds last night. It's wasn't surly Barry, it was just Barry. I wasn't alive to watch Barry's dad, Bobby Bonds, play. However, I've heard that he and the media didn't have the most amicable of relationships. Apparently Barry is a little...bitter (for lack of a better word) towards the media for that. I don't know. I'll be honest when I say that I'm not really on the fence anymore when it comes to Barry...and the show last night helped.
There was a good interview with Johnny Mac on the FAN 590 on Wednesday morning. He talks at the end about playing/wanting to play everyday. Take a listen, if you think Johnny Mac is as Mactastic as I do. Just scroll down 'til you find it.
Last night was my first game in over a month. I'll admit I was so excited I had trouble falling asleep and had a big grin on my face as I left work to head to the game. It had been too long, and I can't say as I could have asked for a better outcome. Especially because I'm pretty sure with career win #108, Doc has surpassed another fave Jays pitcher of mine (Pat Hentgen) on the all-time Jays wins list. Congrats Doc.
Here's hoping a 15-4 wint can send the Jays off to KC in winning style. It's only 4 games on the road, but with how dismal they've played away from Rogers Centre, any away games are too many.
Enjoy the off day. I'm going to try to update more often.
JaysGirl5
No comments:
Post a Comment