Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sick Day

Is there a doctor in the house? Oh, he's taking a night off? Sure, yeah. I'm okay with that. The guy's only human after all.

What did last night teach us? That without Doc, the Jays would suck (even more than Baltimore or the Nats...sorry.) Because let's be honest...that my friends was not Doc last night. He just wasn't locating and wasn't getting some borderline calls.

Last time I had this feeling about a Doc start was the last one before he had his appendix out. I'm not saying anything's wrong with him so please don't read that. But it's almost sad that I've come to expect at least 6 innings from Doc so much that anything less than that has me worrying if he's okay. It's just...out of character.

But still, I will stand by the thought that every once and a while a guy's gotta be allowed a start where he doesn't reach the 6th inning. No starting pitcher can be at their best every single start. Last time we saw Doc go less than 6 innings was actually against the RSox in July...of '07! That's something like a span of 72 starts against the AL where he's made it past the 6th inning. Best pitcher in baseball indeed.

The best thing about last night? Watching Rob Barajas trying not to crack a grin/smile after watching Francona yell at the homeplate up after he warned the benches. Too awesome.

I'm hoping the Jays don't get swept. I really do. I'm also really hoping that my calculations are correct and I'll get to see Doc pitch in Fenway next weekend when I'm there. 2 dreams with one trip? Excellent!

Stay dry in S. Ontario today sports fans,
JaysGirl5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.