Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's The End of An ERA, Folks!

There is absolutely no need for me to add to the many articles, posts, comments written about Roy Halladay's stats, his many accomplishments in Toronto, or what this means for him and the Jays moving forward (on their seperate paths).

But I can say that even though I knew this day was coming and have even accepted it, I still have the overwhelming feeling of the end of Roy's time at Rogers Centre, and even my childhood. I grew up watching Roy Halladay. I grew up watching his incredible career unfold. Part of me thinks that I will cherish that more than anything else about the Jays, including any future possible World Series wins. After Delgago left, Roy was the last serious tie to the Jays I grew up watching and the teams that kicked off my die-hardness. This doesn't mean I'm not a Jays fan anymore...it's just pushing home the realisation that I'm not a kid anymore.

Be proud Jays fans, Canadian baseball lovers, city of Toronto, and all of Canada...for too short of a time we got to call the hardest working, best pitcher of the past decade ours. If we ever see someone around these parts of his caliber again, it will be a long time coming, if ever.

There is only one person who can be Doctastic and he's left the Centre.

Bye Doc. And thank you...
JaysGirl5

No comments: