Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ask, and ye shall receive!

I'm thinking I might need to ask for more things this baseball season. Vernon was so kind as to grant my request on Monday...

Last night's game was amazing and congrats to Ricky R for the almost no-no. I gotta say that I had the feeling as the game went on that if anyone was going to break it, it was going to be Rios. Toronto fans never seemed to understand Alexis. Leave him sleeping, 'cause he'll go all "Hola, Alex!" on your ass if you make him pay attention.

Two links that I wanted to share for just general awesomeness...
- Baseball gets greener
- And he used to be ours... I just ordered my copy of The Mental ABC's of Pitching. It's not supposed to come in for 3-5 weeks, but I'm excited. Next up after that will be The Mental ABC's of Hitting.

Not only do I absolutely have get the back issue of that SI, but it'll be the first issue I ever buy. The cover is also my desktop at work. He was ours folks for 14 glorious, amazing, jaw-dropping, mystifying years. And now...here's hoping he does make it to the post-season. I don't always buy into a guy deserving to make it to the post-season, but I'm on the front lines of hoping Doc makes it. He does deserve it.

Moving on...

Kevin Gregg looked good last night. It's the first time I've seen him pitch in person (as far as I can remember) and I liked the speed he worked at. Nothing against Frasor who I've enjoyed since his Jays debut, but I kind of enjoyed not thinking "You're killing me Smalls!" last night. (No offense intended.)

On a personal note, it looks like my summer of baseball really is going to be the summer of baseball. I've been given the wonderful opportunity to be a part of the radio broadcast team for the Hamilton Thunderbirds. Intercounty Baseball League, here I come!

Lastly, I'm hoping the attendance will pick up. From 46,000 to 12,000 in a night...I realise that first number is from the home opener. But come on people...enjoy the good games while the games are good. ____________________________________________________________
Brandon Morrow starts in front of the home crowd for the first time. Cutting down the 9.00 ERA would be nice. I hope I end up more confident in him than the Brandon he was traded for. John Danks is on the hill for the White Sox. His 1.50 ERA might be a little tricker than Morrow's, but at least they're both recordless.

Let's go 7-2 guys. And yes...I'm asking, so you better deliver. That's how this is going to work from now on. Don't worry. I'm not asking for the Series. (Not yet anyway.)

Hi hope hat hook, we team up again.
JaysGirl5

No comments: