Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November, all ready? You lie sir!

Okay, so there's no arguing with the calendar, which clearly says it is in fact November.

Although it's slightly overdue, congrats to the Giants for winning the series. Yay for the San Fran fans (say that 5x fast) and the city by the Bay. I got the feeling this year that it was almost unanimous across the baseball board just how wonderful it was to see a showdown between two teams not in the east divisions. Although, I would have been just as happy with a Phillies/Texas series, just to give Doc the chance to compete. But, as the Dodgers fans used to cry...there's always next year.

Speaking of Doc, congrats (and ROCK ON!) for winning the NL Cy Young. As well as Lincecum pitched this past season as well, how can you compete with the stats that Doc put up. Doctastic as usual.

In the limited amount that I got to see him play, I was impressed with Buster Posey this season as well. Congrats to him for his Rookie of the Year award. Could the kid've had a better rookie season?

Also, it's great to see more of the Jays players getting into the Twitter swing of things. Travis Snider (@Lunchboxhero45), Ricky Romero (@RickyRo24) and Jesse Litsch (@Jesse Litsch) are all now happily tweeting. They Join Dirk Hayburst (@The Garfoose) to represent the boys in turqoisy-blue on the web. I really do think it's so cool to have this kind of opportunity for interaction with the guys. As fans we get to know their personalities and character as players on the field. It's kind of nice to be able to round them out more into real people, at least a little.

In bittersweet news, Jordan Bastian will not be writing about the Jays anymore. He's going to be covering the Indians. And even though I wish him well (as I'm sure everyone who enjoyed reading his articles and blogs), I can't help but be a little jealous of the Indians fans. Good luck in Cleveland Jordan. I will say I'm excited to start reading whoever it is going to be replacing you.

Lastly, the next installment of Baseball Book Reccomendations will be coming shortly. Keep an eye out for The Mental ABC's of Pitching by H.A. Dorfman and A Great and Glorious Game, a collection of writings by former MLB Commish A. Bartlett Giamatti.

Stay dry in S. Ont and I hope you're enjoying the off season wherever you are!
JaysGirl5

No comments: