Friday, September 21, 2007

Over the past Fortnight...

I went to 3 games. I saw my Jays beat the Yanks in the bottom of the 9th to avoid a sweep, look lackluster in the opener against Baltimore, then watched them sweep Boston out of town on their way to NY for a 4 game set. All in all, not a bad 3 games.

More injury stuff, and the surgeries just keep climbing. At last count, I believe it's at about 7 surgeries on the year...Johnson, Ryan, Zaun, Overbay, Halladay, Glaus, Overbay again, Wells, Chacin. Plus, not to mention Scott Downs might have a case out gout? Gout, seriously? I remmeber a clip of VDub from JaysConnected talking about how it's just a comedy hour with everyone dropping like flies. I think at this point, you can't do anything but shake your head and chuckle about all the injuries.

"Rock On" to...
  • Matt Stairs for becoming #2 on the Most-Games-Played-by-a Canadian list;
  • Roy Halladay for being all-around awesome (more on this in a sec);
  • Russ Adams for making it back to the big leagues and showing everyone you can still play here. I'm sure your hubby Aaron is proud; and,
  • John McDonald for being Mactastic, re-signing so us Jays fans get to witness your Mactasticness for another year, and even though you won't qualify for the fielding% title, you'll always be the most exciting shortstop I've seen play in a Jays uni.

Speaking of unis...this is a pretty cool idea. I would be all for it.

As for Roy Halladay, this just warms my heart and is just another showing of why I adore and respect him so much. He really is one of the only Jays I could never see playing for another team.

The only thing really left up in the air for me at this point is when Matt Stairs will sign with the Jays again. I'm about...85% sure he will, but we'll see how things pan out. You never know in baseball, you can never really know.

Three and 1/2 more things I enjoyed this week, and one of them is not baseball relately:
  1. Scott Carson's latest column, down near the end all about Russ Adams and Jordan Bastian's Russ write-up.
  2. Scott Carson's take on a tradition, and
  3. Mike Toth's take on "Football and Faith".
_______________________________________________________
Doc's on the mound to start the 4 game set with the Yanks against Chien-Ming Wang. Here's hoping Doc can get complete game #8. Too bad he didn't win even 1 or 2 more games so far this season, 'cause my money would have been on him for the Cy Young. I still wouldn't be surprised if he's in the top 5 voting for it. Hopefully the Jays will continue to play spoiler, and take at least 2 of 4, if not 3, from the Yanks. As much as I'd like to see the Jays atop the AL East, if I have to pick NY or Beantown...I'll wear red all the way.

Enjoy the game, and the series.
Try not go get too down that the regular season is almost over. I know I'm not.
So far, so good on that venture.
JaysGirl5

No comments: