And so is the highly effective Josh Towers. I didn't get a chance to watch the first part of the game today, but when I turned it on in the 6th inning to learn Josh had a no-hitter, I was pleasantly surprised. It shows he's getting back to his '05 self.
It's too bad that the Jays couldn't sweep the Tribe to be at .500 for the break, and that Shaun Marcum had such a bad outing. It's much the same thing as Casey Janssen's bad outing in June. It was bound to happen sometime. Personally, and I don't think I'm alone here, I prefer it was yesterday instead of his next start against Boston or later in the 2nd half. I think the win today is a great way for the Jays to head into the break, as well as having won their last 2 series.
Welcome back Reed Johnson! How you have been missed. I'm sure any Jays fan knows the numerous reasons why it's great to have him back (especially if you watched Friday's game.) Click here to watch Reed greatfully and gracefully receive his post-game Gatorade shower.
As happy as I am to have Reed "Scrappy" Johnson back...I will say a fond farewell to Adam Lind. His defense greatly improved, and barring no more injuries, we'll see him again in September. Curtis Thigpen's fate is going to be much the same (more than likely) when Lyle Overbay comes back in Boston after the break. Both guys are just too good in their development and too young to not be playing everyday, or almost everyday.
"Rock On"s...
- Matt Stairs for your triple on Friday;
- Casey Janssen for your beautiful cartwheel on Friday night;
- Travis Snider (Jays #1 pick last year) for hitting for the cycle for the Lansing Lugnuts;
- Roberto Alomar for being at the game today;
- Jeremy Accardo for striking out Jhonny Peralta with the bases loaded to end the top of the 9th; and
- Reed Johnson for saving Jeremy Accardo's ass on Friday night with an amazing Reed-like grab.
Congrats to Alex Rios for being asked to participate in the homerun derby tomorrow night.
Two things before I part for the evening...
Aaron Hill sat out today with a sore knee. When I went to last game in the Rockies series, Aaron was on 2nd and was shaking out his right knee quite a bit. I realise that was 2 weeks ago, but I still hope the break will be enough rest for the soreness. I don't know if the two things were related...I just thought it odd.
As per J.P. Riccardi's comments about AJ Burnett, I get the point he was trying to make. I think it was very classy of AJ to stand up and say he's not offended and understand's where JP's coming from. When something bad happens to your body, like an injury or illness, you're always kind of hyper-sensitive to signs of it happening again. I know I am. I'm not AJ Burnett, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does have that a little bit especially considering his livelihood and career depend on him being healthy and his body performing to the best of its abilities. It's a fine line before crossing over to the "player-cried-pain" area, but I'm all for erring on the side of caution.
I think the biggest thing that bothers me about the situation with AJ back on the DL is all the people coming out and screaming about how the Jays shouldn't have let him pitch so much. When Doc went down AJ stepped up and became the ace of the staff. He pitched incredibly for the team, and at the time no one said anyting. Nothing about that it wasn't a good idea. Nothing about being cautious because of his history of injuries. Maybe privately people questioned, but there was nothing in the media about it that I read. Then he lands on the DL the first time, and everyone and their brother start saying the Jays shouldn't have let him pitch so much, blah, blah, blah.
To those who thought it was great AJ pitched the way he did, then say he shouldn't have...
You can't have your cake and eat it, too. But I guess hindsight can be 20/20.
Enjoy the All-Star break.
If you're a HP fan, enjoy the movie release.
Talk to you soon,
JaysGirl5
1 comment:
This is an interesting article. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment