Yes...I've given Doc the highest moniker I can. Feel free to use "Doctastic" to describe something that is consistently out of this world. Other than this, I have run out of things to use to desribe Roy Halladay. He is an awesomeness all unto himself. Much like Johnny Mac.
I'm not the only one feeling the love for Doc...Scott Carson is, too.
My fave Roy quotes from the past week all come courtesy of Lyle Overbay:
"Day in and day out, everybody that gets on first base says he's the best ... The Yankees, the Red Sox, they're like 'It's not fair.' I'm glad I'm on his side, not the other side."
"I don't think he's had his best," Overbay said. "These last couple of ones he has, but even before that. ... He hasn't had his stuff yet, and he's still able to dominate. It's scary, because he can dominate. With the bases loaded and one out, he just stepped it up another notch. It's scary what he can do."
"We've got Doc [Halladay] over here that we've got to get into the Cy Young [Award]," Overbay said, suppressing a smile. "So that's what it's all about. We've got to represent and take [Greinke] down."
'Nough said.
As for the game last night, Casey wasn't his sharpest at points, but he still made it through. Adam Lind...I'm so glad you're here. Not just 'cause you won the game for us runs wise last night, but just because you are a joy to watch.
Speaking of joys to watch...seeing Dirk Hayhurst and Casey air-guitaring to "Teenage Wasteland" this weekend was awesome. Plus from the TV booths behind homeplate they look eerily twinish, especially 'cause Casey wasn't sporting high socks during BP this weekend. Still, too funny.
Here's hoping Tallet can pull out the win tonight. I think he can. Let's get a win streak going!
Enjoy...
JaysGirl5
No comments:
Post a Comment