Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rolen, Rolen Rolen...Scott just keeps on Rolen.

Congrats to Scott Rolen...for his general awesomeness and hitting lately.

I have always maintained that the Glaus for Rolen trade made sense for every party involved, even when Rolen was having issues last season.

As someone who tinkered at 3rd whenever she played softball it is awe inspiring to see him play the position.

I happen to agree whole-heartedly with Todd over at the The 500 Level. It makes me kind of sick to think that the All-Star game is supposed to be about the best players from both leagues and it really doesn't live up to that completely anymore. It's not just the best offensive players (isn't that the role of the HR Derby), but the best all-around players. That's part of the reason that I think the voting system the way it's set up now is slightly broken. I've always thought that the votes of players and managers should account for more than they do.

But alas, I'm getting away from my point for this post.

Scott Rolen, thank you for coming north of the border. You man the hot corner like no one else could.

JaysGirl5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!