And the "Rock On"s go to...
- Vernon Wells for hitting his first homerun since May 20th;
- Frank Thomas for becoming the all-time leader in DH homeruns, and 4 away from 500;
- Shaun Marcum for striking out 11 (career high), although he's not a strikeout pitcher; and
- Aaron Hill for coming out of nowhere to throw out Austin Kearns in the top of the 6th yesterday. Anyone else think that was destined to be a hit? Yeah, I thought so. Orlando who? Check out Hill's Diving Stop. (It's on the right, under Multimedia.)
The guys have the day off today, and start a series against the Dodgers tomorrow. Somehow I ended up with tickets to 2 games against the Boys in Blue, but Thursday is Ladies Night which is always a good time. It should be interesting to see who from the team shows up. If I was a betting person, I would say Curtis Thigpen might make an appearance this season depending on how long he's up with the team.
To date, the Jays that have appeared at Baseball 101 this season are:
- Shaun Marcum
- Jeremy Accardo
- Aaron Hill
- John McDonald
- Casey Janssen
- Adam Lind
Things to Ponder
Ken Griffey is only 20 homeruns away from 600. Frank Thomas is 4 away from 500. For some reason, it feels to me those milestones should be reversed. Comparing some numbers...
To date, the Jays that have appeared at Baseball 101 this season are:
- Shaun Marcum
- Jeremy Accardo
- Aaron Hill
- John McDonald
- Casey Janssen
- Adam Lind
Things to Ponder
Ken Griffey is only 20 homeruns away from 600. Frank Thomas is 4 away from 500. For some reason, it feels to me those milestones should be reversed. Comparing some numbers...
I dunno. Just seemed...oddly cool.
I don't think anyone would argue that during their respective reigns at 2nd base, Roberto Alomar, Orlando Hudson and Aaron Hill afforded the Jays a high level of defensive comfort. Or, that in the last 17 years (possibly club history?) they've had the some of the biggest impact in the infield for the Jays. Ever notice that together their last names become "A.H.H."? Yeah...I definitely make that sound as I sigh with relief when they were (is, in Hill's case) at the 4 hole.
Lastly, will a month go by where someone doesn't go on the DL? Here's hoping AJ Burnett makes a quick recovery, and that his shoulder is just fatigued. It's unclear who will be coming up from the minors as is being reported will happen, but we could possibly see the lucky #13th debut of a Jays call-up.
Enjoy the day off.
'Til tomorrow...
JaysGirl5
No comments:
Post a Comment