Note: Again, sing the title...along to "Santa Baby". I like music, okay?
So...where to begin.
Last night sucked. 'Cause the Jays lost, but more so 'cause they lost AJ Burnett during the game. Knew something had to be up when he double over after pitching to Ryan Klesko. First you think it's in his side or something, maybe his groin or something. That seems to be what everyone thought.
Only a few pitches later he did what I'll call the "one-shoulder forward shrug". You know what I mean when you see it. It's always the tell-tale sign that something's wrong with a pitcher, ESPECIALLY when they do it with their pitching shoulder. I knew it wasn't the hand or forearm, or even the elbow 'cause normally pitchers will shake it out. No, it was the shoulder.
AJ had an MRI today, but the results aren't immediately available to quote Bastian. Not sure what's going to happen, but hopefully he won't miss more than 1 start. Josh Towers will start Sunday in place of AJ, which means the starter is T.B.A. for Towers next scheduled start on the 23rd, depending on how long AJ's out.
In other departure news...
Sal is reportedly gone. Designated for assignment. Needless to say this Sal's Pal is sad about it. I can't say I'm 100% surprised, but I'm still saddened. I think Sal is one of the first players that I would like to sit down and talk with. About anything. If I was the type to sit back with a beer, I definitely would with him (as long as he's the type that sits back with a beer as well. You never know.)
The Jays are currently leading the Giants 3-0 in the top of the 4th. Clayton stole 2nd, and Phillips brought him in with a 3-2 single to right. McGowan's walked 3 and struck out 2.
I have one "Rock On" to give out today and it's to AJ Burnett. I look at him and for some reason I see "Big Kid" written on his forehead. I don't think part of him will ever really grow up, but I can't even begin to say how much I'm impressed with and respect the maturity he's showing this year. Look no further than the comment at the end of this article and think back to him on the DL last year at the beginning of his contract. Rock on AJ, rock on.
Since the Jays have the day off tomorrow before playing Washington on Friday, it'll give me a chance to finally get around to Casey Janssen: Starter or Reliever.
Enjoy the rest of today's game.
Until tomorrow,
JaysGirl5
No comments:
Post a Comment