A lot has been made about Inter-League play. I loved it when the Expos would come to town around Canada Day and there would be a big celebration. I loved it last year when on my grad night, Carlos Delgado made his return to Toronto. I sometimes enjoy seeing the pitchers take a hack, but otherwise Inter-League play has lost it's lustre. Even the Subway series isn't interesting anymore and neither really is the Chicago showdown. I realise other fans still love it, but as a die-hard of an AL team, it really sucks that my team is at a disadvantage for quite a few games of the season because the pitchers do have to bat and there's no DH.
I don't think MLB is going to get rid of Inter-League any time soon, but I think it would be cool if they 1) lessened the games against the NL, and increased them in the AL, and 2) switched it so that AL rules apply in NL parks, and NL rules apply in AL parks. Essentially, this would give fans who only have an AL team to watch a chance to see NL style ball first hand and vice-versa. Personally, if those two changes were made, I'd be more interested.
I gotta say, even though Burnett struck out 13 yesterday (how many times has he done that this season?), you can't always count Tampa out. Especially not the way they were hitting Jays pitching in the first 2 games. Just more proof that The Devil Wears Tampa .
Buh-bye Ohka, hello Towers. I like Josh Towers. Yes, he's not the hardest thrower, but I'm a total fan of as much diversity in the starting rotation as possible. Plus, I can't not like a guy who took responsiblity for his very poor performance last year and worked his way back to the majors. Also, he's a huge Halladay fan and until recently wore his socks up. What's not to like?
I've been stewing over the thought of Casey Janssen as a starter or as a reliever. I'll probably blog about it in the next few days, but it does have some food for thought. I don't know what it is, but there's something about his delivery that's just a lot of fun to watch. Especially since he always has a surprised look on his face when he releases the ball. I offer photo proof below.
_________________________________________________
Dustin McGowan takes the hill in LA against Brad Penny. McGowan is 0-2 with 1 strikeout in his only hitting appearance in the bigs. Should be interesting to see. One way or another someone's losing streak is gonna end, as the Jays have lost their last 2 and the Dodgers their last 3. Personally...I'm hoping it's the Jays.
Congrats Joe Torre on your 2000th career win.
Enjoy the Boys in Blue showdown tonight, although the Jays are more of a turquoisy-blue colour on their road grays.
Until tomorrow...
JaysGirl5
A surprised Casey Janssen. What, is he surprised his pitch crossed the plate? And believe me, I have more pics of his delivery where he ends with this look on his face. This is just the best one.

No comments:
Post a Comment