It has always seemed to me that the Minnesota Twins have always been there. Not necessarily first, but not necessarily last and you can never discount them when you play them. They do all the little things, and they always stay within themselves and their ability as a team. I commend them for that. They were playing some great small ball last night and some great defense.
The Jays obviously played the long ball last night, and it's nice to see Vernon Wells getting his stroke together. Maybe batting leadoff was a good idea afterall...and I'm thinking since he's been there for all 4 games in the winning streak, he might stay there for awhile.
There are two things the Jays did last night that I have to give HUGE "Rock On"s and props to:
VDub for going from 2nd to 3rd on the pop-out to foul territory, even though you didn't score and Johnny Mac for getting to 2nd on a strikeout in 3rd.
Regular "Rock On"s:
- Vernon for hitting career homerun 150;
- Matt Stairs for hitting the game winning homerun. What would we do without you;
- Shawn Green for hitting a walk-off homerun for the Mets against the Cards; and
- Roy Halladay for looking really pissed off last night.
What can I say about Matt Stairs. He's playing great right now, possibly on track to a career year. And the only thing I think about everytime he does something great...how in no uncertain terms he'd rather be riding the bench than playing because of injuries. Class act all the way. Plus, his comments about Canada are always lovely.
I forgot to mention yesterday how cool it was to watch a game on CBC again on Saturday, and games on TSN this week. I love Sportsnet, but it takes me back to when I was younger spending my summer holidays watching the Jays play on CBC, TSN, and CTV. I think I still have broadcast schedules from TSN and CTV. The stuff I keep...
The Jays are now 1 game over .500, 1 game ahead of the Yanks, thanks to Seattle they're only 10 games behind Boston, and 6 back of Cleveland in the Wild Card. They secured their first 4 game win-streak since last September, and I couldn't be prouder.
________________________________________________
Shaun Marcum (4-2) takes the hill against Scott Baker (2-2). Baker pitched against the Jays in May, but didn't get the win. Marcum has been impeccable since only last 3 innings against the WSox on June 3rd. He's 2 for 3 in wins, and has averaged per game over that time: 6.4 IP, 1.3 ERs, 2 BBs, 5 Ks, and 4.3 Hs per game. I've included a chart with his full stats from each start during that time at the end of this entry.
Go Shaun. I believe you can get us straight win #5.
I will be sweating buckets playing ball tonight, but will catch all the Jays game since they're in Minnesota, and it doesn't start 'til 8.
Enjoy the game, and try not to die in the heat if you're in S. Ontario.
JaysGirl5
No comments:
Post a Comment