Even though last night was a loss, I think it's one of the best pitched games I've seen in the last couple of years. Both the Minnesota and Toronto starters were fantastic, as were the bullpens. Major props to the Twinkies for striking out 15 Jays. Twelve innings of edge-of-your-seat-baseball. Gotta love it. (So...how many starts is that now that Shaun Marcum has been hitless for the first 3 or 4 innings?...He's pitching so well.)
Yes, it's hard to see the winning streak end at 4 for the Jays, but it would be worse it last night was a blow out. Last night's final play, when a diving Vernon Wells narrowly missed Jeff Cirrilo's bloop single, proved more than anything that baseball really is a game of inches. It's debatable whether VDub pulled up a little 'cause he saw Royce Clayton coming on, but oh well. Time to start the next winning streak, and work on winning the series.
I forgot to post this yesterday, but I love this Player Perspectives that Roy Halladay did on career win #100. Check it out, even if you're not a Doc lover like me.
Check this out for more reasons why I love Gregg Zaun and Matt Stairs. Love Zaunie's approach to base stealers, and Matt's ribbing of fellow canuck Justin Morneau.
It was great to see Lyle Overbay taking grounders this week. If anything, at least he didn't break his throwing hand like Zaunie did. It's not much of a silver-lining, but it might mean he could come back a day or two sooner than Zaun 'cause he doesn't have to work up his throwing strength. Maybe.
____________________________________________
Josh Towers tries for win #3 as the Jays face Boof Bonser (5-3) for the Twins. Boof has to have one of the best names in baseball. It'll be interesting to see how the lineup shakes up, but don't be surprised if VDub's leading off. Wonder if Royce Clayton or Johnny Mac will get the start tonight. I guess we'll find out.
Enjoy game 3 of 4.
I'l looking forward to AJ's return tomorrow, as I'm sure he and the Jays are too.
JaysGirl5
No comments:
Post a Comment